Publisher, EmpowerMint Press
Costa Mesa, CA — 2019-Present
Coaches and helps authors publish empowering books. Guides the editorial and design process, and finds creative talent for illustrations and design work. Assists in marketing and branding ideas to promote book sales.
- Coming Fall 2021: “What If My Nana Was a Banana?” by David Keyes
- Published 2019: “What Are Mommies Made Of?” by Christa Fletcher
Freelance Writer, Editor and Content Strategist
Costa Mesa, CA — 2010-Present
Works with companies and individual business owners to develop successful content production strategies and content marketing initiatives for websites and apps. Writes and edits copy for branding and social media marketing. Writes articles and blog posts for publication.
- Maverick: Wrote product marketing copy for the girls’ empowerment startup.
- GrowWire: Contributed journalistic posts for the technology and innovation blog.
- Sand Tots Coop Preschool: Managed public relations and social media as PR Chair.
- Stria: Wrote B2B blog posts and Q&A pieces for longevity media platform.
- 7th Floor Digital: Wrote copy for brands like The Laundress, Live Nation Entertainment and Scott’s Liquid Gold.
- First + Third: Wrote and edited copy for brands and apps as needed.
- DrJenniferChrisman.com: Edited blog posts and created content marketing strategy for a local psychotherapist dedicated to mindful wellness for women. Managed social media posts and redesigned her newsletter.
- TINTup.com: Contributed posts for TINT’s Social Studies Blog.
- FitMomma.com: Developed content strategy and social media marketing initiative for fitness personality. Edited blog posts and wrote About Us video script.
LeanIn.Org: Edited 50 articles for site launch; helps with marketing copy occasionally.
- Collective Health: Wrote copy for customer-facing health insurance content.
Managing Editor, Campus Explorer
Santa Monica, CA — 2012-2014
Oversaw editorial strategy, brand voice, content production process and user experience for articles, newsletters, PR initiatives, and social media programming. Revised style guide and content production process in 2012 by updating digital content initiatives to fit the target audience and brand goals.
Wrote and edited helpful articles, checklists and blog posts for prospective college students.
Increased visits to articles 230% YoY with the new content strategy and quality enhancements.
Scheduled and programmed social media posts and campaigns.
Attended networking events and corresponded with industry experts.
Tested, tracked and analyzed site metrics and content performance data.
Content Manager, Demand Media — eHow
Santa Monica, CA — 2010-2012
Guided the eHow brand identity with content programming across various channels including the homepage, Style and Mom verticals, and all slideshows across the website. Created and managed the editorial internship program for college students.
Managed editorial calendar and digital programming strategy for a top 10 vertical, eHow Style.
Revamped the eHow Style brand by implementing new editorial guidelines and calendar, creating slideshows, revising video production standards and hiring experienced style writers.
Helped define and execute the launch of eHow Mom vertical and Mom.me partnership.
Wrote and edited articles, slideshows and newsletters.
Edited scripts and helped produce a premium video series, “The Beauty Lab.”
Developed and executed highly-trafficked DIY, red carpet and holiday content packages.
Provided editorial support for content partnerships, ad sales deals and the YouTube channel by creating content packages for L’Oreal, Macy’s, Kohl’s, Target, etc.
Associate Online Content Editor, Alloy Media + Marketing — Channel One News
New York, NY — 2008-2010
Wrote and edited daily news, lifestyle and entertainment features for teens while supporting the senior editor’s social media, newsletter and content management strategies.
- Wrote multimedia content for teens (articles, quizzes, slideshows, and polls).
Managed the content for entertainment and music sections, including brand assets and interviews with bands, movie promos and trailers, images, etc.
Pitched story ideas and content packages for online and broadcast features.
Founded the “Hear It Now Artist of the Year” competition, a high-traffic annual online event.
Collaborated with senior editor, marketing staff and the on-air team for social media posts.
Coordinated with on-air producers for web features and video extras. Assisted senior editor with social media programming and daily newsletter.
Web Intern & Freelance Contributor, Hearst — Marie Claire
New York, NY — 2007-2008
Worked directly with the senior web editor to create content, post on social media, and manage content in the CMS during the burgeoning days of MarieClaire.com.
Wrote fashion, beauty and “Shop for Charity” articles.
Managed social media posts.
Updated archived material in the new CMS with SEO best practices.
Assisted with and starred in online video shoots.
Worked as a contributor and produced an article and blog post series that were featured on the Marie Claire homepage.
Please send me a private message on LinkedIn to learn more about my services. Thanks!